Band of Brothers
“BOB” is New Life’s men’s ministry dedicated to helping men see who they are and become the servant leaders that the church, their family, and the community needs them to be…
Through God’s power, we will challenge and equip men to…
– enjoy a relationship with God
– lead his family into a relationship with God
– use his gifts and talents to share his relationship with others
B.O.B. will carry this out through building relationships through opportunities like…
– taking part in our fishing ministry REEL Men
– joining in on a Saturday morning breakfast
– challenge competitions like Wiffle Ball, Bean bag, & Hold’em for Hunger, etc.
Men gathering together in small groups…
– Men’s Fraternity (Winning at Work and Home / The Quest for Authentic Manhood / Great Adventure )
– Authentic Manhood – 33 The Series
– The Every Man series
– Kenny Luck’s series (Fight / Risk / Dream / Soar )
– And many other men together small group opportunities to watch for through the Connection Point semesters.
Men gathering in Discipleship groups (triads or quads)
– Discipleship Essentials is a 26 week venture with three or four men in a group taking on the challenge of learning about what a true disciple of Christ should be
Another way that B.O.B. encourages men in their spiritual walk is through serving… look for opportunities to serve with Operation Nehemiah and an exciting new opportunity is that of New Commandment which is a men’s ministry that will partner with New Life’s Loving Solutions ministry and the benevolence ministry of New Life to assist individuals and families in need on a monthly basis (look for more details in the near future)
In Psalm 139: 23&24 we are encouraged to be searched by God…
Search me, God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.